Faculty Vacancy- Engineering and Technology
Position Description: Three full-time tenure track faculty positions teaching undergraduate lecture/lab engineering and technology courses primarily in the B.S. Engineering Technology and B.S. Manufacturing Engineering (ABET accredited) degree programs plus additional responsibilities.
Teaching Responsibilities: (assigned from the following subjects consistent with applicant’s experience and interest)
- Foundry/Casting Processes
- Machining / CAM
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Heat Transfer / Thermodynamics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Tooling and Fixture Design
- Research and Development
Non-Teaching Responsibilities: (may be assigned from the following)
- Program Leadership
- Student Organization Advisement
- Capstone Experience Development
- Graduate Program Development
- International Education
- Participate in program administration
- Set-up, operate, maintain laboratories and equipment
- Develop new labs as needed
- Develop, conduct, and respond to research and training proposals relevant to the needs of industry
- Develop and maintain contacts and liaison with industry and professional associations
- Advise students
- Participate in professional organization(s) directly related to industry
- Develop and revise curriculum materials
- Activities as stated in contract and UW-Stout faculty handbook
- Teach in a cooperative educational setting using innovative teaching techniques
- Computer literacy and expertise in industrial applications software
- Provide courses in a variety of formats, times, and locations
- Be supportive in working with diverse populations of students and staff
- Required of all candidates
- At least one degree in an Engineering or Technology field
- Three years documented industrial experience (USA preferred)
- Demonstration of ability to teach in a lecture/lab environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English communication
- Masters required, doctorate preferred. Doctorate required for tenure.
Rank and Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Date of Appointment: August 2008
Review of applications will begin February 14, 2008 and continue until position is filled. To guarantee full consideration all materials should be received by this date. Applicants are instructed to send a cover letter with statements of their teaching interests, courses/labs development plan, experience and its appropriateness to the position, a resume, official transcripts mailed from the university for highest degree(s) held or in progress, and names of three references with current email addresses/phone numbers. Applicants, who have not requested in writing that their identity not be revealed, and all finalists’ names will be released upon request.
Department/Program Information: The Department of Engineering and Technology is one of four departments in the College of Technology, Engineering and Management (CTEM). The department has approximately 25 full time faculty and staff, four of which are full time technicians. The department provides courses for its well established programs in Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Packaging plus other programs throughout the university.
Jean Price, Academic Department Associate
Engineering and Technology Department
University of Wisconsin-Stout
308 Fryklund Hall
Menomonie, WI 54751
Telephone: (715) 232-1686
Fax: (715) 232-1330
Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant.
University of Wisconsin-Stout is a 2001 Baldrige Award Recipient, supporting a progressive, learning-centered, quality-based educational environment that is focused on continuous improvement. UW-Stout is a digital campus and all faculty and staff are required to use available technology in their positions including course delivery. Increasingly, courses are offered via alternative delivery methods and time frames. UW-Stout faculty members are responsible for teaching, advising, research and scholarly activity, and service. UW-Stout values diversity of people, ideas and experiences and is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.